Monday, July 19, 2010

A Stressful Day

It was a rather hectic morning today. Karla decided to call in (sick, I assume; I really didn't care to ask) and Jacob's car wasn't running, so I was the only math tutor yet again for an entire four hours. To top it all, I had an entire classroom of confused students fretting over their looming mid-term exam. I kept doing the same problems over and over again in random order. If it had been a smaller group, say 7 or 8, I would have grouped them at the whiteboard, but I had at least 20 students in there! Utterly mind blowing!

By the end of it, I don't know how many times I heard, "gosh, you're good at this you know?" Well, of course I'm good at it, it's my flippin' job. I honestly think people overestimate my patience sometimes. It's just, I hate when people think I'm good at something, because the next line is always, "Gosh, I'm no good at this, I'm no good at anything." And frankly, I don't want people's burdens on my shoulders, specially when they're at least two or three times my age. I hate it when people put themselves down in front of people they don't know. I mean, I know that I've had my own downs, but I always turn to my friends or people that I know. I don't go around telling the world about my insecurities... but maybe that's just me.

And then Karla has the audacity to say, "I was only feeling a little sick, you could have called me and said you need me." What a bitch! I didn't say anything, but I well wanted to say "Well, you know what: I felt a little sick this morning too (my throat is still a bit itchy actually), but I took some aspirin and came to work, on-time." In the end, it really doesn't matter, but I really want her fired...

In other news, Brian still isn't home. I know he's with his girlfriend and all, but I'm lonely too you know? I don't take well to being alone, I feel drained and there's a certain silence in my head that can't be filled with music or tv. But who knows, maybe he'll come home tonight around 10? or bedtime. It's only 8:40 as I type this, so it's all up in the air really.

Speaking of things in the air: airplanes.  Elsie invited me to Chicago for my spring break; she said that if I loved St. Louis (which I totally did) then I definitely needed to visit Chicago. She probably knows the entire history of it by now lol. I can't wait :) Specially after our failed attempt for a spring break trip with my friends; everyone backed out in the end...

Alright, that's enough of sad news. It's time for some Rookie Blue (new series on ABC, check it out) to rest my fingers. And then gonna work on NB; then I'll hit the shower, 'cause I feel icky in my skin, and then 6 solid hours of beauty sleep. :)

For now,
Happy blogging,

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment